Friday, April 30, 2021

Review: Judydoll Creamy Gel Liner Pencil in 03 Plum Purple

 Thinking of what to get this summer? How about a new eyeliner?

Judydoll Creamy Gel Liner Pencil in 03 Plum Purple


C-beauty is supposed to be big this year, and one of the brands google has lead me to is Judydoll (橘朵). FYI, I don't have much faith in most Chinese brands that are easily available here, but a recent pleasant experience with Perfect Diary (完美日记) lead me to try other established Chinese brands. Of those on my list, Judydoll is supposed to have good quality eye products while being affordable. And as masks are still a thing, a great quality eyeliner is something I've been wanting in my cosmetics pouch. At a budget price. So I decided to pull the trigger.


I ended up buying Judydoll's Creamy Gel Liner Pencil in 03 in shopee, which as the pen and packaging emphasize, is a purple eyeliner that's supposed to be both smudge-proof and waterproof.

Judydoll Creamy Gel Liner Pencil in 03 Plum Purple Pencil


The package arrived from China more quickly than I expected, and was very well protected despite being the only product I bought. Upon opening, the twistable eyeliner was blunt and of a moderate diameter (neither a precision tip nor chubby stick). The first swatch resulted in some of the product breaking off, which broke my heart even if this pencil had 0.6g of product.

Judydoll Creamy Gel Liner Pencil in 03 Plum Purple Swatches


However, application thereafter was smooth and creamy, both on my arm and on my eye. The picture above doesn't do it justice. Look at the official product swatches for a better feel of it. The color deposited is a pretty plum-purple with pink-purple shimmer.  My camera only captures the brown tones when the fine glitter is what really makes it pop. However, on certain warm lights, it can actually pass for a vibrant mauve-y brown so it's work appropriate online, but pops quite nicely in real life, especially if used with a heavy hand. It can be used both alone as a statement eyeliner, or a fine line for a little color, or with eyeshadow for a full glam look that's a bit softer than a black liner but more modern than a brown.

It glided on quite nicely on my eyes, though I would recommend a short warm up on the skin and keeping the stub as short as possible to avoid further breakage (not impossible with its softness). When rubbed upon application, there is some smudging (as it is a cream) but the product quickly sets and becomes quite smudge proof after. However, if you're as vigorous and as heavy handed as me, it can actually crumble upon rubbing, which is nice for a cream. This means that it's easy to reapply if you're prone to rubbing your eyes like me as it doesn't move the line. But it won't crumble at all if you leave it be.

It's also pretty waterproof, lasting over 12 hours on both hand and arm testing, but is easy enough to remove with an oil-based eye make-up remover. I was almost tempted a few times, but resisted the call of sleep because this is still a glitter liner.

Judydoll Creamy Gel Liner Pencil in 03 Plum Purple Ingredients


Ingredients are all in Chinese, but the brand has a good reputation. I've inserted a picture of the back for anyone that wants to translate as the product isn't found on cosdna. I have high hopes for its safety as it does have GB/T27575 on its packaging, but those who are doubtful might still prefer to hold off purchasing.

The price is supposed to be at Php 570 but looks to be permanently offered at Php 229. I'm looking forward to trying more Judydoll (and other C-beauty products in the future). Those who've been wanting to try C-beauty for the eyes at an affordable price point may want to consider this as a first pick, so to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment