Finished up a tube of Arencia's Vitamin C Booster Shot!
I bought this from their global store for Php 739 down to around Php 500 with vouchers and it looks like the 500s is where the real price is around. I also bought it due to all the ads I was seeing so their marketing really worked on me.
This was also purchased due to the lightweight tube format since it was easy to bring around compared to the glass/plastic tubes I usually toted so there was SOME thought to the purchase, but I digress.
I used this mostly on my face but also tried it for 7 days on armpits and elbows which is why it lasted around a month for 30 ml. The product comes out as a thick jelly serum composed of a vitamin c complex (based on their ingredients 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic acid, ascorbic acid, ascorbil glucoside and sodium ascorbyl phosphate), niacinamide and others (including arginine, adenosine, allantoin and glutathione etc., actually a very long list). While it did brighten my face, it didn' live up to the hype for armpits and elbows (lost cause?).
I've also found that you still need a separate hydration step, likely prior to the shot, since while it is good at facial brightening, it's not an all in one. It also leaves a slightly tacky finish that makes make up adhere better, IMO, so it's nice to use before sunscreen/base makeup.
All in all, a nice serum for my face. I'm not sure I'd repurchase at that price point as it lasted way too short for me (and I'm not sure I could stop myself from applying to certain areas), but a good product for those who want some easy brightening in an easy to bring format.

No comments:
Post a Comment