Monday, May 10, 2021

New Find: the Best Cheap Instant Coffee of the Year

 It's only the second quarter, and I've definitely found my new cheap instant coffee of the year! I've talked about how much I disliked the New Nescafe Gold. Despite the heavy marketing for it (in the Philippines), the quality has seriously tanked.

I've been trying a few but some brands, while delicious, lack in cost-effectiveness. After all, a single jar lasts less than a month, despite my addiction to all kinds of hot and cold drinks.

So what have I found to be an amazing cheap instant coffee find?


Fino Originale Cafe Soluble Instant Coffee. At Php 515 for 200 grams, it's a very good deal.




Produced (Made?) in France, this instant coffee has one very important thing going for it: it's chocolatey taste. So much so that I wonder if there's any chocolate powder actually placed in it!

I checked the ingredients and it just says its soluble coffee. But it doesn't taste like it. In fact, the aroma itself is mild and on the sweet side, and you would think you got something more of like a cheap, powdered cocoa mix. I really didn't expect a cup as good as what I got just by sniffing the crystals.

But once you add the hot water, it starts smelling like a proper coffee. Upon tasting, it's smooth, sweet and mild. Perfect if you want to eat some chocolate but are on some sort of diet. At a very good price point.

I've already repurchased :)

No comments:

Post a Comment