Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask

Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask has been popular for a long while, but I've only recently gotten to try it. Why? It's not locally available in store. It is available on Althea Philippines for P550. Take note that there is also a Super Volcanic version.


Edit: This post has been in my drafts folder for such a long while. I've been using it for over a year! However, since Innisfree just launched in the Philippines, it's okay to post?

Hehe.



The packaging is small, compact and utilitarian in a small brown 100 ml tub. The insides have a reusable plastic seal. Opening it up, you get a pink-cream clay that spreads relatively easily. According to the instructions, you should use wash your face, tone then put the mask on for 15 minutes before rinsing.

I prefer cleansing, putting the mask on and then toning with an astringent since this leaves a little bit of residue for me. This may be okay for less sensitive skin types, but I'm not going to risk it. It's actually very similar in scent and effect to another brand I've tried before, Face Shop. The difference is that Face Shop's version is packaged more prettily and contains bits of black "volcanic" pieces visible to the eye. Both products are creamy and don't really dry the face up. However, this tub does not seem to dry up as quickly as the Face Shop, so the more opaque packaging and tighter seal may have some benefit.



Honestly, I don't really get why this product got so many awards... maybe it's a good deal in colder climates where all moisture is good, but it doesn't quite stand out for me as this seems more like one of the first non-drying clay masks instead of the best of the current. I do like that it is easy to wash off, though with no clumping that you get with clay masks from an early generation. It also lasts a looong time. I've been using this on and off and there is still quite a bit left (As of posting, maybe another 3-6 months of use).

Over all, It's a decent enough clay mask for its price. I like that doesn't break me out even if I leave it on for more than the recommended time. Still, for pure oil control - you're better off with Garnier Pure's Self Heating Sauna Mask or Aztec Healing Clay. If you want a one step product, then use Elizavecca's Carbonated Clay Mask (no cleansing or toning necessary). I'd think newer products may be better for that mix of clay and hydration. However, if you do decide to buy, the colder climate makes it a better time to purchase, especially if you have a drier skin type.

No comments:

Post a Comment