Tuesday, May 23, 2017

The Face Shop's Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Mud Pack

A few months ago, I bought The Face Shop's Jeju Volcanic Lava Pore Mud Pack as an impulse purchase after finishing my last clay mask. Since I had such good results with a Korean clay mask, I thought I'd try a  Jeju clay especially and The Face Shop was an easily accessible source.





The 100 ml tub was priced at P695 at time of purchase at the local mall. I am currently unable to find it on althea but it may be cheaper there. The tub has lasted me around 20 uses and I've been scraping the bottom of the tub. I think each tub gives a total of around 25-30 uses so that's around P26 per mask. This is not cheap, unlike my standard clay mask - Queen Helene Mint Julep- but far cheaper than others.

I like that this comes in a tub instead of a tube. While the latter is more sanitary, it's easier to get the last bits of product off this one. It's easy to pick up and spread as it has the consistency of a thick cream. I've had a lot of wastage from Queen Helene masks due to the tube packaging and the drying up, but I've had no problems with this.


The picture above is on the blue side but the actual product is a beige cream with black spots. This was taken a day after use, and you can see that it is very clay-like.
To use, spread a decent amount on a clean, moist face. It dries up in 20-25 minutes but the instructions say to leave it for 10-15 minutes. Which may mean I'm putting on a bit too much of it: Mileage may vary. Wash off and procede with other skin care.

Each tub has an expiration date stamped at the bottom but it's supposed to be used within 12 months after opening.

I like that this doesn't leave my face feeling tight and dry. The first five ingredients here are water, propanediol, kaolin, bentonite and panthenol. Volcanic ash is sixth in the list. So the effectivity is probably due to the kaolin, bentonite and propanediol instead of the Jeju ash, but I have no regrets purchasing this.

I'd recommend this for those with oily skin, but I personally won't repurchase (as there's already something else I have my eye on).

No comments:

Post a Comment