Sunday, November 11, 2018

Lip Tip: How to Solve Chapped Lips

The weather's turned cooler, and that, along with an unfortunate allergic reaction a month previously, have made my lips a dry, flaky mess that no amount of my DIY lip scrub could fix.

So what to do about it?



1. Prep Your Pucker

The first step, of course, is to make sure your lips are clean and as flake - free as possible: I do this by using said lip scrub on the morning before I require flake free lips. I will then use a lip balm the entire day. At night, I will wash my face including the lip area to make sure nothing's left.

If you don't want to do the AM prep, you can exfoliate your lips at night after taking off your make up (first cleanse). Make sure to clean your lips along with the rest of your face (second cleanse).

2. Hydrate with Hyaluronic Acid

Use any HA product that you know your lips can stand: toner, essence or serum. For me, I like to use a pure HA hydrating toner which I pat on my lips as well as my face.

3. Swipe that Stick

After the HA is someone set (when it becomes palpably more sticky that runny), add your regular non-petroleum based lip balm.

4. Seal and Sleep

Use a lip mask, petroleum based or not, then sleep.

You'll wake up with the softest lips of your life! Wipe off any of the mask that's left and go about your day.

One layer is enough for me, but people may try repeating steps 2 and 3 before 4 to get their best results.

The skin on your lips is still skin, and using layers on it can maximize your hydration.

No comments:

Post a Comment