Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Illiyoon Probiotics Skin Barrier Essence Drop

Illiyoon is a brand I'd never heard of despite existing for quite a while under Amore Pacific, but blew up sometime last year. However, as part of a low buy policy last year (and this year), I didn't end up buying anything from the line until February's 2.2 celebration in which I bought a bunch of masks and this little beauty:



This is just a deluxe size of Illiyoon's Probiotics Skin Barrier Essence Drop. I bought it on shopee and while it's supposed to cost Php 200, I got it for around Php 75 (though I saw that its price sometimes drops to around Php 50 sometimes too).

At first I was hesitant, despite the price, because my skin doesn't like galactomyces ferments and this may have perfume, but I decided to take the risk because the hype got to me.


And it's a good thing I did.

Before trying this on my skin, I first tried this on someone who I thought might need it more: Baby L. Now, as I said before, Baby L has atopic dermatitis, and while Aveeno did help her face and other parts of her body, it didn't have much effect on this patch on the crease of her arm because she wouldn't stop scratching it. I applied it only twice in 24 hours and saw a significant difference. In one week, the thing is nearly healed. Despite still continuously scratching it. And since L's so tiny, I only need the smallest bit of this white, milky fluid.

On me, I find that it is fragranced, but in a very low-key, pleasant way. Since there is oil in this, I use this at the end of my skin care routine (though not regularly because I have to save it for the baby). No breakouts yet, so I think all but the most impaired skin will like this.

I will probably repurchase this for Baby (and me) when the sample runs out. And try more products in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment