Thursday, February 18, 2021

Aveeno: Daily Moisturizing Lotion versus Baby Daily Moisture Lotion

 Aveeno, while not that expensive, is not something that I'd ever thought I'd use. Luckily, I was somehow able to get a sample each of the Daily Moisturizing Lotion and the Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. And ended up recommending the latter for C's baby's use!



Why? It's not just because the second product was meant for babies.


I was first using both of as hand creams, with a preference for the baby version since it was a bit thicker in formulation and seemed to stay on a bit longer. If you see the swatches below, the lotion on the top right (Daily Moisturizng Lotion) looks a bit more transparent and the one on the bottom left (Baby Daily Moisture Lotion) is a bit more opaque. In the same way, the former is a bit runnier and easier to spread than the latter. I kept both in my bag as hand creams since I had tiny tubes in my bag and ended up emptying the baby version first. While both are lightweight with oatmeal-like non-smells (it's supposed to be fragrance free), I did gravitate towards the thicker one for my hands and found that it made my hands feel soft and less irritated from harsher soaps when hand washing.



A quick look at their ingredients found that they were very similar, with allantoin being the only ingredient in the baby version that wasn't in the former, and it was at the lower part of the ingredient list. Additionally, dimethicone is actually considered the active ingredient, not the marketed oatmeal. Although I do love oatmeal topically for irritated skin, I'm not sure if it's at a high enough concentration in the actual lotions.

In addition, Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion costs Php 295 for 227 grams at Lazada Mall. In the same store, the Daily Moisturizing Lotion costs Php 695 for 354 grams.

Both ingredients and price-wise, the baby version is the better deal. So I ended up recommending this to a baby and it did improve a rough patch on baby's face. Still, if going for an Aveeno lotion, I'd recommend the baby version to both adults and kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment