Thursday, October 18, 2018

Sunplay Super Block SPF 50+ PA++++

Cray Cheap (for today's prices) and Cray Protective, that's two things Sunplay's Super Block does for me!



However, this is not a perfect product by any means.



FYI, my bottle says SPF 50 instead of 130 as I got my bottle from Japan, and not Vietnam as is available locally. I am not sure what the difference is in the ingredients list, but I am pretty sure the SPF difference is due to either different policies between countries or different testing stringencies.

Anywayz...This sunblock is an opaque milk that is easy to spread and dries without a white tint. Some people may like this because this is a physical/inorganic sunscreen that does not contain alcohol. This means that while this does "sink in," it takes around a minute or two. After, you can feel a silicone slip to your hands, but not on your face. You will see a slightly shiny cast when the light hits.


Above, a freshly applied layer on the lower half of my hand.

I have not tried this for sports but it does well for daily use. You MUST use a separate step to remove this at the end of the day as it will not budge with a normal cleanser. I found myself with zits if I tried.


With flash after 20 minutes, you can see a slight shine but no cast.

Also, while I found that I could use it on a bare face sans anything on occasion, I'd break out if I used it more than two days in a row without any intervening steps in the middle (which makes me hesitant to use it as a sports block). Sensitive skins beware. This product is non drying but, while emolient, is not hydrating despite the shine.

This product is on the cheap side. I got this for ¥700? As a family "pasabuy" and it retails for around the same price in the country (Php 350-400). I actually wanted the 2018 bottle with the tint but I got this instead 😅😅

In summary:

This is an alcohol free physical sunscreen that is inexpensive and performs well for its price. Those with sensitivities to physical blocks and sensitive skin in general may react to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment