Sunday, October 21, 2018

 Revlon Eyes, Cheeks + Lips Palette in Romantic Nudes

If you know me, then you know I am not that in to make up, so when someone gifted me the Revlon Eyes, Cheeks + Lips Palette in Romantic Nudes, I mostly ignored it until this year.


How did this cosmetics noob find it?



Well, for starters, while it is theoretically a good idea to have an all in one palette for travelling, fear of the eyeshadow getting into the lipstick has made this a desktop product for me even though it is the right size for my bag. This is sad as it makes the tiny mirror behind the text a bit useless.

The palette comes with 6 shadows, one "blush," 2 lipsticks and 2 glosses.

I say blush because the blush looks more like an eyeshadow/highlighter to me.



Above are the 3 shadows from the left of the pan, blush then 3 shadows from the right of the pan. All of them are shimmers except for 1 matte. All are fairly powdery, especially the lighter shades, so the lipstick issue is legitimate.  The lighter shades barely show up on my skin and the silver shimmer is too icy for my browbone. I prefer the two darker shades for their pigment with the two shimmers in the middle row pearforming somewhere in between to create my "looks." Still, it's stuck through a 10 hour day so it isn't bad for me.

I have mostly ignored the middle blush but sometimes use it as a shadow/highlighter as it is still a flattering peach shimmer.


As for the lipsticks and glosses: my lips are pigmented and only the darker shade of the two lipsticks show up. Glosses can give shine to other lip products but I don't see it enhancing the colors included. All four easily apply with my fingers but will last as long as their regular, creamy counterparts.

As "nude" as this palette aims to be, it seems to be directed to lighter skin tones. I don't mind using this myself as I don't generally purchase make up, but I think that if you are of a darker skin type, buy a different set for your make up needs.

FYI, idk if this is in the market currently :))

No comments:

Post a Comment