Sunday, October 7, 2018

Snoe Beauty Shoo-zit Dip and Dry Acne Drying Solution

Real life has been getting in the way lately... and part of real life for me is zits. However, it has been a decade since I've found the need for a dedicated drying lotion... until now.

Thankfully, the world has changed and we are left with more choices than the old but effective Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. I loved it in the past (thank you mother for supporting your pimply faced child), because it really did work. But this pimply faced adult cannot afford it.

Thus, we go for newer, less expensive versions/dupes.

Snoe Shoo-Zit Drying Lotion (compared to EOS lip balm for size)


I originally thought about buying the K version of Etude House, but when I found that a Filipino brand made their own, I immediately snapped one up!



Snoe Beauty's anti-acne range is called Shoo-zit and today's product is the Dip and Dry Acne Drying Solution.  This has been around for a while and it looks like it's here to stay. Because it's at least half the price of MB and just as good.

The product comes in a small 20ml twist cap bottle for P449 so you are getting a good bit less than MB but the price difference is so high that it doesn't matter to me. Just like its more known counterpart, you dip a clean swab  into the bottom, pink part of the solution without shaking it beforehand, and dab on the affected areas at night. I actually prefer the smaller size as it makes it easier to get to the bottom of the bottle and use both sizes of the swab. What I dislike is not being able to see the swab since I'd like to saturate it with calamine before withdrawing.

Though I can feel the alcohol, it doesn't sting my skin. Leave it overnight and see the zit shrink a day or two later. Make sure to hydrate around the zit since you just want to hit and target the zit itself. Mind you, these things won't work on cystic acne and for "prevention of spots to be."

I can't be sure if its just my spotty memory, but I think the MB one coated each zit better, but that might have been me being an overzelous teen or the fact that I can really dig into the MB bottle better. No stinging on MB either but with a slightly stronger alcohol smell, from what I remember. Still, I won't buy MB just to compare effectivity because I am satisfied with this one :P

This thing is fragile and not portable. Which is annoying on one hand, but I haven't lost it yet (looking for another spot treatment which I seem to have lost around my home).

Previously pimply me went through 3 or 4 bottles of MB Drying lotion. Present me is only hoping to need this one bottle. But we'll see. Will definitely be purchasing this again if there is a future need.


No comments:

Post a Comment