Sunday, August 5, 2018

CosRx Galactomyces Whitening Power Essence

This is the first of my CosRx (COSRX? Cosrx?) products to review. Finally, after all the hype has died down, I've started using and reviewing them.



As you can see, I've been using this for quite a while. Only around 1/3 is left....

And probably will be left behind...




Okay, well... This Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence first caught my eye as the first ferment I've wanted to try. I found the ingredient list very interesting: galactomyces ferment filtrate, niacinamide, panthenol, glycerin as the first four ingredients. They really don't play around! All of these ingredients are supposed to be good for the skin so you're sure that this gives a lot of bang for your buck and at ~P1000 for 100 ml, it isn't bad at all.

Note however, that BeautyMNL currently sells a Tone Balancing Essence right now which has a slightly different ingredients list!


Anyway, I started using this quite a while back and after 2 weeks or so, I immediately started noticing the brightening effect it had on my skin. My skin was visibly brighter and hyperpigmentation from acne definitely decreased. I really enjoyed the mochi softness it gave my skin, which is why it took me so long to realize that it was giving me zits in weird places! What weird places? The places where I have my flakes ... my seborrheic dermatitis prone areas :(

I looked online and I'm not the only one! Known blogger from simpleskincarescience had a similar, worse experience. It looks like galactomyces and fungal acne like each other a little too much. Hayz.

Right now, I'm currently using it on my neck, which has finally gotten a skin care step of its own. Silver linings.

I'm pretty bummed out since I really liked how well this plumped and brightened my skin. Sadly, it seems galactomyces is a bad ingredient for me (I AM tempted to try a non-galactomyces ferment though).

I would definitely recommend this to those without fungal acne though.

No comments:

Post a Comment