Friday, August 17, 2018

Nivea Extra White Serum

Can I just say how happy I am that Nivea finally decided to give the UVA rating of their Extra White Serum!!



The pink one.


For those who say that Nivea already had a PA +++ rating at the back, if you would look at their instructions, they claim that it is both PA +++ in pink and PA++ in normal font. They should have paid more attention to typos than their marketing :/ But at least now they've officially commited!

I dislike seeing a label of "broad spectrum" over a PA since there is such a big difference between a PA of ++ and +++, and broad spectrum is very vague.

Anyway, the PA system which is used in Japan is the only UVA rating system I am familiar with:

+ = 2-4
++ = 4-8
+++ = 8-16
++++ = 16+

Because of this, I am finally stopping using Vaseline (I'm currently on my 3rd tube) after and using Nivea as my primary body sunscreen because though it IS significantly more expensive, it has a significantly higher PA rating (+++ vs ++) and a very slight difference in SPF (33 vs 30).

However!

Take everything with a grain of salt. Unless it's tested in Japan, I'm not 100% certain how stringent they are with regards to testing. Do not use sparingly. ~_~

I have been using this and I still have not gotten any whiter. But my sin exposure has been constant recently and I haven't gotten any darker either. Do not use this if you are spending a prolonged time in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment