Thursday, December 9, 2021

Repurchased AND Emptied 2021

AKA Old, emptied favorites.

A recent break-out has shown me the wisdom of repurchasing the good things in life. As such even though it's been a bit boring, I'm trying to do what's best for my skin. Here are the things I've been using like crazy AND emptied, starting with complete empties.




1. Timeless 20% Vitamin C+E Ferrulic Acid Serum - I'm glad this is so difficult to source. I told myself I woudn't buy it but I ended up repurchasing because it really is that good. If I get another breakout, I'm definitely repurchasing this again. But it's really too expensive for me to use it all year round so I'm glad it's difficult to source.

2. Dove Deodorant Dry Serum Intensive Renew - Okay, I'm not 100% I've reviewed this here before since I can't find the review but I'm pretty sure I mentioned it somewhere, but this isn't my first tube. Honestly didn't expect to buy this again but I've been working out more than I've been expecting and this is good for reducing BO from exercising and the darkness from friction during those high intensity arm movements. I'm keeping one around but I'm not using it as much now that I'm exercising less. Still a good thing to have on hand especially s it's so cheap and often goes on sale. I'm on my third tube.

I have a little bit of these next two left, but not much at all. I'm going to call it as I'm pretty sure it won't last the year.




3. In Her Element Rosewater Moisture Mist - it looks like this product is being discontinued so I'm on the lookout for a new mist (I have one technically expired bottle left so it's not urgent) but I haven't seen anything as good (packaging and performance-wise) for its price point right now. An all time favorite I'll be sad to see go.

4. Celeteque Acne Solutions Acne Spot Corrector Gel - I just keep repurchasing this because I like the tube packaging and how gentle it is despite having so many ingredients. It's not actually the strongest or fastest spot corrector so these are best for smaller bumps but it's also very good quality for its price. I ended up buying the 15 ml one (and finishing it) after repeat purchases of the 5 ml one. I'm scared to try korean spot correctors since they're usually on the gentler and more occlusive/comedogenic side while western ones are usually super harsh. It's hard to find a happy medium.

Lastly, not pictured but repeatedly purchased and emptied.

5. Assorted dermatologic products - because while it's still a bit of trial and error, if they work, they work. Highly recommend a consult if needed.

I have a couple more repurchases but they're not at this level of empty or I've already thrown them out. Some are almost there though. Let's see again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment