Sunday, February 16, 2020

In Her Element Rose Moisture Mist

 I think it's very apt to talk about rose products near Valentines Day. But... it is a bit late.

Still, I can't stop gushing about this Rose Moisture Mist!



As you may know, In Her Element is a local brand that has been around for a relatively short time. While my skin doesn't agree with some of IHE's products, I do keep my eye on it. Why? IHE is basically the sister/child of a blog/website I still follow from my college days: Project Vanity. Proudly Filipina owned and developed by grandmother/mother (of the brand) Liz Lanuzo, IHE is a brand I really want to like.



Now, while I do want to try their products, they aren't cheap, yo! While decently priced for what they are, I'm a relative cheap-o. So I'd like to thank C for giving this to me as a gift because I really do love it :)! 

In Her Element's Rose Moisture Mist is a facial mist they describe as a multi-tasking elixir for calming, hydration, brightening and smoothening which they ascribe to niacinamide and chicory root. Their biggest selling point may be that it's pretty in pink and comes in a lovely rosewater scent. However, I think the real magic comes from their glycerin, castor oil and niacinamide.



Either way, it does the job of calming, hydrating and brightening my skin. I didn't really see smoothening with this, but my skin is a crazy beast, and it tolerated this pretty well without going wild.

How do I know this? I stopped my actives for two weeks to test this and zits were still at a minimum. This is enough for me to label it as a true winner in my book. I've been using it for less than a month and I've depleted this so much from spraying my face as much as I can. I started out with two sprays in the afternoon, but I ended up coating myself with this at 6 sprays/misting.  And while I started using it at lunch, I've ended up using it in my morning and evening routine aside from other times. Many other times.

Tip: while 5-6 sprays works on a bare face, control yourself if you have make-up on.

As for the scent, I do like the rosewater smell... but my sibling doesn't and he's told this to me, repeatedly! Rude much, but I can admit that rose scents may end up being a "tita" smell for some people. If you don't like roses, don't bother with this, but otherwise I think it's a pretty good product to try.

At Php 685 for 125 ml, it stands at a very good price for what it is: this neither looks nor feels less than luxe-y. The bottle is weighty in one's hands, and looks pretty good on a vanity. The packaging really reminds me of a body spray, and I think it really was the right move. Because while it looks good, the best part of the packaging is that the spray is strong yet fine, and feels like a treat from the moment you hold it in your hands to putting the cap back on. I actually enjoy using this quite a lot, so I pick it up at least 4 times a day from my desk. Maybe more. IDK. Don't judge me.

Sadly, the packaging means that the bottle is pretty heavy so it's not very transportable (at least in my case). I put a travel mist in my bag so this stays put on a table.


Would I recommend this? Yes, to college girls and above willing to spend Php 700 on a facial mist/essence that packs quite a punch.

If you want a cheaper alternative I would have recommended Cloud Cosmetics Pore Refresher. I think it may have reformulated so I can't vouch for the current version, but I did love it quite a lot before. The IHE mist is the bigger, bustier sister, but CC is a good buy for those unwilling to splurge.

I think this bottle will last me 2-3 months. I don't know if I will purchase this myself after this (cheapo talking), but I just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment