Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Careline Best Brow Liner in Taupe

 It's been a long while since my last make-up post since I don't use make-up regularly except for eyebrows. For 2020, the most make-up I've used is definitely for the same place, and it's the only one I bother with when going outside the house since I often use a mask and face shield (they're mandatory in the Philippines).



While I'd been using my old eyebrow pencil (more or less with other brow things) until around mid-2020, where my stock finally gave out on me. I promptly bought a new/old pencil by Careline without any googling because it was a kilay-emergency. Did the Best Brow Liner live up to its claims?


First of all, while Careline often goes on sale, I bought this at full price at Php 165 at a nearby Watson's so I'm kind of mad at myself that I didn't predict my kilay needs in time. However, I'm not sure if this does go on sale? Anyway, while this isn't much, it's still a lot compared to other Korean brands that go on promo as BOGOs. So while it doesn't break the bank, it's not that sulit or cost-effective to buy compared to the Face Shop or Etude House when it goes on sale.

The tip is neither thin nor a sword-cut so it doesn't allow you to draw on hair-like brows. However, it comes with a spoolie so it's relatively easy to blend. And in the time of face-shields and zoom meetings, it's good enough for both, but not for really close inspection. It's supposed to be creamy but it takes a bit to warm up before being able to draw well, so do a few strokes on your arm first. But once it's warmed up, it's very quick and easy to use, build up and blend.



What I like best is the color, Taupe, because it matches well with my eyebrows when used with a light hand, but can be darkened as needed. It can match well with both black hair and dyed shades as well (well, the normal brunette tones Filipinas go for anyway). While it also isn't really waterproof, it takes a bit of scrubbing when used with a heavy hand so I've had a good 12 hour wear time if used indoors when applied liberally.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with my purchase (cheapo-ness aside) and I'd recommend this product for beginners who don't want to break the bank, like me, and want a shade that will. I'm also glad to incidentally buy this from a Filipino company and a stand alone store, I guess so it wasn't a bad purchase, retrospectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment