Wednesday, January 1, 2020

NYE Lips: Long Lasting Lips

I'm not going out today because I got so tired from ushering in the new year. Thus, this tutorial spawned from waking up with my make-up on. Yes, it's bad for you but my lips have officially lasted through 20 hours and 3 (not oily) meals.

Here's how I did it.





First things first, I'm too cheap to buy new lipsticks, no matter how long lasting and well reviewed they may be: so I used old things in new ways to usher in 2020. For this look I used three lip products:



1. Peripera Ink Velvet #5
2. Ellana Love is the Answer
3. Ellana Love is Noble

Swatched from Left to Right Above. You will need a dark shade, a complementing shade and a blending shade. I'd recommend each to be relatively long lasting ones with similar formulations.


As you can see, both Ellana shades are waterproof once set while Peripera blends with a stain.

Anyway: The Procedure



Step 1: Do your entire lip with the darkest shade.
In my case, I overlined and filled my lips completely with Love is Noble. Let dry.



Step 2: Hit the inner parts with the lighter, complementary color to the first. Again, let dry.



Step 3: go over 2, and a bit farther with the blending shade. Blot and layer at will.

Step 4: go forth and partey!

Mind you, this lip look is NOT transfer proof. I'd recommend it for food related purposes only as each layer protects the one under it so you don't lose the lipstick at the inner portions of your mouth. Layering the 3 creates dimension, and a decent look even after eating, especially as they all have a a tendency to leave a stain.

Would do this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment