Sunday, December 29, 2019

Salonpas Liniment vs. Sombra Natural Pain Relieving Gel

I can't believe I'm ending the year with a period, but such is life. Because of that, I'd like to compare two topical pain relievers I like to use at this trying time: Salonpas and Sombra.

Mind you, I still use my Creations balm, but I reserve that for bedtime and light muscle aches since I like to associate lavender with sleep time. For daytime relief, I will choose one of these two.

Salonpas Liniment



Over the years, I've used other liniments in different formats, but Salonpas in this crude roller format has been my go-to for quite a few years: It's cheap, targeted to problem areas and you don't have to touch the product itself. I have bought this quite a load of times, and stash these around the house and in bags. The Cold/Heat/Irritation is strong but doesn't last very long. This makes sense as the product is a clear, watery fluid that offers fast pain relief. The downside is the same with all liniments, the lingering smell.

Sombra Gel



Something I've only been introduced to this year, as it is significantly more expensive than most liniments. It comes in a large tub and is a white, jelly to cream consistency that is excellent to spread over large areas. Unlike other topical pain relievers, this one feels soothing on the skin with a slight citrusy? scent. The counter-irritation is strong with residual heat, and can be layered for potency.

I'm pretty impressed with the product, but I don't know if I'll buy it for myself (this product was given to me) as it is so expensive and both of my go to products are a fraction of the price...But I really thankful for having this in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment