Monday, August 2, 2021

The Face Shop Energy Seed Advanced Antioxidant Hydro Serum

Something I bought last year, and currently at 2/3 the way through: The Face Shop's Energy Seed Advanced Antioxidant Hydro Serum.

 


Okay, posting about this now because it's on sale. And I'm super salty that I bought it at full price. But is it worth the money?


Short story is that I was lacking skincare in a far away, no delivery kind of place and this was one of the few things available. Along with a toner from the same store, I impulse purchased this serum because I wanted a moisturizer that wouldn't break me out.

In the time of Covid were testers were unavailable and took a leap of faith that this oil mix, despite the misleading hydro in the name, wouldn't break me out. Unfortunately, I don't have the outer packaging, and despite the glycerin and niacinamide base, the last ingredients are all oils, so don't be fooled. This is hydro because its hydrating. While it comes out watery, it has a non-sticky yet oily finish that partially remains on the skin. So I ended up using this as my moisturizer for a year. And for the entirety of 2020, I'm happy to say that it did not break out! And I had a lot left.




Unfortunately, I stopped using it in summer because it was a bit too oily, even then and I'm only getting back into it now that the rainy season has come. It's supposed to have a shelf life of 3 years sealed, and one year once opened, so I'm using it a bit passed its expiration. The smell has slightly changed but it's just a bit less fragranced than it used to be, as it used to have this sweet, slightly herbal scent, so it's still fine for now. But I am desperately trying to finish this 170 ml whopper.

To my great surprise, this product is being discontinued. So it's discounted at half the price. From my original Php 1,500 purchase ($30), it's now Php 750 ($15) on its official Lazada site. If ever there's a time to buy this, it's now. It might have been a bit spendy, but it's a very good price now. I recommend this as a final moisturizer/oil seal for oily skins and a mid-routine essence for drier skin types. That is, if you have a spot in your routine and can use it immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment