Saturday, August 21, 2021

The Face Shop Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Trio

 During my previous purchases at The Face Shop of a toner and serum, I got this set as a gift with purchase. I didn't end up using it until my face needed heavy soothing, but I've used it enough for review. This set came in a resealable pack, which was already discarded.

The Face Shop Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Line


The kit is composed of three items:

1. Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Foaming Cleanser

2. Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Facial Toner

3. Dr. Belmeur Daily Repair Moisturizer

And here are my thoughts about it.


First, this is a soothing basic care set. I'm glad I got these minis but in general, it's not something I enjoy buying because these sorts of things are generally "boring" and while I know I should have something like this in my stash, buying things like this give me no pleasure. So I was happy to get something so useful as a gift with purchase.

Second, it's really true that when your skin is sensitive, stick with a cleanser and moisturizer. Both were cream based products that had some panthenol, and was very helpful when my skin was very sensitive. Neither product irritated my face,  and one finger-tip unit was enough for each use. Note that the cleanser had a slight lather, but didn't leave the skin feeling tight. I couldn't use the toner during my most sensitive period since it still stung a bit, so I'd advise to leave off the toner until around 4 to 7 days later if the skin is especially bad.

However, I have actually finished the hydrating toner. And I still have quite a bit left of both cleanser and moisturizer. After my skin felt better, I began loading up with this and finished it far too quickly. It's a simple, hydrating toner that, while needing some layering, did not irritate my skin after.

I'm now quite torn on which Dr. Belmeur Toner I will be purchasing in the future. Thankfully, I have some minis that I'm going through, but a friend reminded me that I should stick to products now more than ever (since my skin is a bit wonky right now and) since products I like keep getting reformulated or discontinued!

All in all, I'd recommend picking up the cleanser and moisturiser (ideally as a GWP) in case something happens to the skin and just keeping them until they're needed for any skin type. I'd recommend getting a Dr. Belmeur toner for a basic toner for daily use, boring as it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment