Thursday, July 1, 2021

Review: Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask in Berry

 I really have to hand it in to Laneige. They believe in their product so much, they readily give out deluxe samples of their star products (which is generally a legit purchase in my country since small sizes are the norm, instead of a GWP, but what can you do). Luckily, I got this for free as a GWP!


Ugly Pic


The only picture, because it ended up being super ugly after X months of use.


3g sample size and still going strong. I am very impressed. Why?


I previously bought Carenel's Lip Sleeping Mask as a dupe, and while I did enjoy it, it worked about as well as a petroleum jelly with a berry scent. I finished it, but wanted something else. Something more. Luckily, before I caved into buying, this fell into my lap.

And... I really think this is the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Hand Cream of the lip world, without the weird scent. Granted, while I've tried the Hand Cream, I've not tried their moisturizing lip offerings. What's so striking to me, and the reason why I did enjoy the EA Hand Cream, is that the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask really, really sticks to the lips. I've found that most lip balms as well as the Carenel Lip Mask tend to slide around rather easily. It's rare for them to stay on the lips after a drink, and impossible to feel the next day unless I coat my lips too much. And the feeling of that isn't so pleasant.

This one, STAYS ON.

Aside from that, it has hydrating, moisturizing and possible antioxidant ingredients that leave my lips soft and flake-free, which is something that all good lip balms should have. I don't have the ingredients with me since they aren't in the sample tub, but the list is available online. I've taken to using this as a lip balm during the day as well as a lip mask at night, and I am loving it.

Note, however, that the balm is a lot harder than most, and you have to swirl your finger around a few times to soften it with heat before applying. I don't know how this will work with their applicator, which my free tub didn't come with. However, finger use means that it lasts forever. Additionally, while the product is a light pink, but with the amount of product used per application, there is zero tint transfer.

I recommend this to anyone looking to up their lip game.

I might repurchase this once this runs out (which will be sometime next year) but I'm actually looking forward to trying their future moisturizing lip products (as it seems their earlier ones are discontinued) to see if I can get both color and conditioning in one. That is, once I can start showing my lips again.


Yays

  • Functions as lip balm: hydrate, moisturize and antioxidant ingredients
  • Pleasant strawberry scent
  • Long lasting on lips

Nays

  • Expensive compared to most balms
  • Tub format: have to use tools/fingers to dip

Hey

  • Wash your hands before using
  • Try the mini 8g size first (or the 3g sample if you can)

Okays

  • Everyone who wants better lips


Full sizes at 20g cost Php 950 (~$19) at Sephora but 8g mini sizes cost Php 280 (~$6). You can get a 3g tub like mine from a reputable seller, but fakes abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment