Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Review: In Her Element Petal Skin Rose Clay Mask

 FYI, this isn't technically mine, but I've half stolen this as I've grown to like it.

In Her Element Petal Skin Rose Clay Mask


When I first tried it, I didn't quite like it, but my opinion's changed. And that took a bit of time.



I was eager to try it on, but the first time I placed this on my face, it stung my cheeks! I used it like I would use a regular mask (in which I apply very liberally), and that was really not a good idea as my face was on fire for days. This product, despite having camelia oil high in its ingredient list has glycolic acid close by, in a concenration higher than kaolin, which was expected for a clay mask. It has other soothing ingredients but boy, I wasn't prepared.

In Her Element Petal Skin Rose Clay Mask Ingredients


After, I avoided it for a few months since I had to treat my face from the damage I dealt. When I next tried it, I placed a light layer with my cheeks in an even lighter layer since my skin is more oily-combination. After that, it was fine as a clay mask, but it didn't give me that instant brightening I was supposed to get, but then again, I was hesitant to leave it on for more than 10 minutes and was using it very lightly. So it was basically a bougie clay mask as it smelt very rose-like and high-end but not enough to shell out the Php 875 for it. Because while 100g is a lot, I didn't see myself using it before it dried up/expired.

However, I began to have break outs and decided to use it liberally on those zits and wow. I am amazed at how well it helps shrink those pimples, both with and without a head. It even helps some of the cysts I've gotten (though the cysts themselves have to be close to the surface for it to work). I'm seriously considering purchasing this for myself, but I do want to try the spot treatment to see if its a better option. And we'll never know if I see something that I want to try more, but I think this is a good recommendation for oily-resilient skin types and those who are acne prone.


In Her Element Petal Skin Rose Clay Mask Product


Yays

  • Two in one product: contain clay and glycolic acid for clarifying and exfoliation
  • Rose scent: really great sensory experience especially if you like roses
  • Good for acne control
  • Easy to wash off and doesn't leave skin stripped after if used sparingly
  • Philippine-made and owned


Nays

  • Can sting sensitive skin: don't use on sensitized skin and wash of if the sting lasts more than a few minutes
  • Didn't give me "petal skin" though my skin texture due to zits improved...


Heys

  • Don't be afraid to placing it on for longer or shorter periods. Use what you can tolerate and a mild sting is different from damage. Wash it off it hurts to much.
  • Use as a spot treatment if you can't use it all-over.


Okays

  • Oily-resilient skin that wants a two-in-one product
  • Acne prone skin for spot treatment


It's Php 875 (~$18) for 100g so while it's a mid range product, think about your budget. I do think that IHE the brand has a good cost to quality ratio: The experience feels more expensive than what the actual price points are. If this had a glass package compared to its tin one, it'd definitely pass for something like Fresh (like their cleanser does, will review later). I'm glad they do this packaging though, as it makes it more affordable for someone like me!


Also, thinking about going back to this format, but it's a bit more work. It forces me to reflect on why I like a product though. Is it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment