Monday, January 7, 2019

CosRx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser

Bought this cleanser a long while ago during a CosRx Haul (half of which are still pending review). While I'm not a big fan of their Salicylic Cleanser, how'd I find this?





Welp. First of all, it still has betaine salicylate so it's a little helpful for some exfoliation. It also has a bit of saccharomyces ferment which I don't break out from. I was pleasantly surprised since I thought I'd be getting a basic cleanser, but its not!

It comes out as a clear gel that isn't runny and doesn't give a lather. It smells slightly medicinal, specifically tea tree, which I like, but it's a very mild scent. Like its name, it is best used as your morning cleanse or a second cleanse since while it is good at removing make up, it stings my face if I do the full 30 second rub off.



In effect, there are two ways to use this:

1. As described on the back of the tube: take a large amount of gel and rub on face, rinse off after.
2. As per usual cleanser: wet face, take small amount and lather on hands before applying on face, rinse off after.

The first method uses a large amount of gel and stings my sensitive face, leaving it red and blotchy. The gel isn't very runny and doesn't lather well, so you have to use a significant amount on the 5 areas of the face if you don't want to pull and tug. But this method is very effective at removing even waterproof eyebrow make up. I did not try doing this method on my eyes and lips.

The second method uses just a little bit of the product. This way does not sting my face at all, even my eye area - though I have heard that people have reacted to this there. Doing the full 30 second rub on a premoistened face will remove most of your make-up, but not all of it.

Thus, I use it as my morning cleanse primarily. I'll need something else to remove make up.

I think anyone with more resistant, less sensitive skin might want to try this as both a make up remover and cleanser. As for me, I still have to use something else so I'm not sure if I'll be repurchasing as it doesn't replace a normal salicylic acid cleanser for acne reasons or a make-up remover. It does, however, work more than well as an all around/inactive cleanser. I may revisit this in the future after trying out other things.

Yays
Multipurpose (cleanser and make up remover)
Contains nice ingredients (saccharomyces, betaine salicylate, other extracts?)
Allegedly low pH (did not personally test)

Nays
May react to sensitive skin
Does not replace a salicylic acid cleanser

Okays
Decent price point (Costs somewhere around Php 500 to 600)

The CosRx Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser is allegedly a pH balanced make-up remover and cleanser for sensitive skin. However, on my skin, it is too harsh as the former but works really well as the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment