Thursday, May 26, 2022

Cos De BAHA: PT M.A Peptide Facial Toner

This one never really took of to my knowledge, but for those who want to try less popular Korean brands, Cos De Baha may be something you're looking for if you're on a budget and want "The Ordinary" - like products: meaning good value for money with active ingredients.



As for me, I picked up their PT Ma. Peptide Facial toner with Hyaluronic Acid and 3 peptides ( Palmitoyl Tripeptide -1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide -7 and Acetyl Hexapeptide -8. Picked this up because this was less than Php 600 (~$12) for a whopping 200 ml. This is not one of their more popular products. And after a few months of use I have my thoughts on why.


For starters, this is very mild. It has aloe leaf extract, propanediol and glycerin as its base before reaching your *star* ingredients, which are still above its extracts so it may still have a good enough amount to have actual activity on the skin. However, peptides are for the long term, and this didn't have any magic that made me want to stick to it long enough to make a difference.

To be fair, I enjoyed using it last summer when my skin was more oily and I needed a light hydrator.  It's a bit thick in texture for a water and hydrates lightly with an initial stick. You can feel the glycerin bit but it dries down quite quickly.



However. After using it as my main hydrator for a few months, I found that my skin was a  good bit more dehydrated and dryer than expected. I'd been using it as a single layer since it was a bit too thick to layer with a moisturizer over it and an antioxidant under but it wasn't quite cutting it. It's not fair to the product as a peptide facial toner, but it's not quite there as a hydrating facial toner and I wanted something that would give me both a great short and long term benefit. Tall shoes for a bargain item.


Unfair to the product? Maybe. But I don't think I'm going to repurchase this because I can't bring myself to stick to it without being sure that those peptides are actually doing anything. However, more balanced skins that want a bit of hydration and a are a bit curious about peptides - at a friendly price might want to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment