Thursday, November 4, 2021

The Saem Cover Perfection Tip Concealer

I haven't used a foundation in a while. Because masking and the resultant acne has made me wary of using base products, it just doesn't seem worth it. So now instead of using a foundation, I've been heavily spot concealing since it's been needed because of my foundation use causing a previous break out. Cry.

Thankfully, while my current concealer isn't mask proof. It doesn't break me out. 100 points. And what have I been using for the past year? The Saem's Cover Perfection Tip Concealer.



But a warning for users.


I purchased two shades, 1.25 Light Beige and 1.5 Neutral Beige since I purchased these online and wasn't able to swatch beforehand. Yes, I'm always late to the party but I like to save money and I was able to purchase these on sale for Php 150 (~$4) apiece. I was hoping 1.25, the lighter shade, would work for my undereye and 1.5 for spot concealing. However, I ended up using 1.5 for my undereye as my actual skin was darker than I expected at that time. It wasn't until the end of the rainy season that I became pale enough to use 1.5 for my blemishes.



The photo above shows 1.25 on top and 1.5 below. If you can see below each bar is how I actually typically wear the product, which makes it near invisible. Or so I thought. 

Anyway, once I became a bit lighter, I actually ended up using 1.5 more than I did before: it was now a good shade match that worked spectacularly. Most importantly for me, even with mask use it didn't break me out. It's very pigmented so I needed only the slightest dab to conceal, but blends well enough with just fingers so I can touch up as needed, though I generally only have to do it after a few hours of mask use.

However, my problem was with 1.25 - Light Beige. I can't use it for my undereye without significant toggling. The shade is still a bit too bright and reads grey on me. I can correct it with a peach colored powder for color correction, which is fine if I do set my makeup. But this doesn't crease on me so I find it a bit of a hassle as an extra daily step.

I wish I knew that 1.25 and 1.5 had different undertones as well as being lighter in shade. I'm not good enough to spot it myself so I guess this is a learning experience for me. I'm going to see if I can use 1.25 as an eye base else I'll have to declutter it. But I am very fond of 1.5 and I see why it's so popular.

FYI, this is supposed to be a dupe for a higher end popular concealer. But since I haven't tried that, I can't compare.

I'm very hesitant to splurge on make-up since I usually end up breaking out from it. I'm glad to find an acne-friendly item that won't break the bank so I'm glad to have 1.5 - Neutral Beige. I'm hoping The Saem actually expands this range further, but once things get back to normal I might actually go out and purchase a darker shade for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment