Tuesday, October 19, 2021

L'Oreal Color Riche Matte in 214 or Raspberry Syrup



I've got a really lovely lipstick I’ve taken to wearing around the house: L’Oreal’s Color Rich Matte in 214 or Raspberry Syrup. It’s this bright cool, pinkish red that really makes my lips pop when I wear it. Youthful but still age appropriate for myself when I go out or go on video calls, night or day.





 

This lipstick, despite being called a matte is actually a bit satiny. It’s heavily pigmented, but doesn’t accentuate my fine lines or dry my lips up. While I can’t really feel it, it doesn’t sink into the skin so it tends to slip around a lot. Lip liners help, but it’s a bit too much effort daily. Still, it’s absolutely disastrous when wearing a mask. So despite how much I love it, I can’t really wear it out.

 

I’ve had it for over a year (or two?) but I haven’t been able to photograph it properly either on my lips or on swatch. I've finally decided to post but it really doesn't do it justice. My photos just read as a bright red but it doesn’t show those pink tones at all. If real life swatches are still a thing, this is something that definitely should be swatched – especially for those with dark pigmented lips like mine as it’s a good color with excellent pay-off.

 


All in all, I’ve been trying to “shop my stash” more so to speak and have had a wonderful time rediscovering old favorites. If you have this, or anything like this, in your make-up stash somewhere, try pulling it out and using it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment