Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Unlimited Water in Hotel Hack

Is it just me, or is it a fact of life that the higher end the hotel, the more limited your complimentary water supply is? While I can refill my water flask for free at certain inns/hostels/hotels, I've never seen a water dispenser in those fancy shmancy ones that I (very rarely) go to.

Rather than call for service, and possibly paying extra, here's what I use to stay hydrated:



Tap Water+Kettle = Drinking Water.

Yep. I usually boil as much as I can once I wake up, have a cup or two of coffee, and use the rest for later. If the room comes with a ref, I'll sometimes store it in there once the water cools.

Granted, this will be difficult for tired people who just want lots of free, and hopefully iced water, but this helps keep my costs down, with less plastic waste, when I, myself, travel.





While it is nice that some of the SEA athletes were billeted at higher end hotels (Century Park Hotel is a 4 star hotel), from this and other debacles, it seems obvious that the Philippines is very ill prepared for the event. Come on, athletes without water? 5 people to a room? Not accounting for the daily carmaggedon?

If this is the response during a planned event, I'm very concerned about what will happen in case a disaster happens. It really doesn't bode well.

No comments:

Post a Comment