Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Sensodyne Repair & Protect Toothpaste (First Look)

GUYS, I AM SO EXCITED OVER TOOTHPASTE I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED THAT I AM IN CAPSLOCK!


Forget about salt, baking soda and charcoal. They clean your teeth... but the best thing has always been fluoride with a little something extra for sensitive teeth... until this decade.


I have always wanted something that is a little bit extra for my teeth since, tbh, I suck at maintenance: There are times when I do not get to brush for more than 24 hours. I am not a consistent flosser. I do not go to the dentist regularly. All things you should be doing!!! So I wanted something a little extra for my teeth.

At first it was triclosan, for that extra antibacterial protection... until it came out how bad it was for the environment. And then I found out about this! Something that ACTUALLY repaired teeth. But I couldn't find it in the Philippines.

Novamin, a patented form of calcium sodium phosphosilicate, a bioactive glass that actually helps repair teeth. This is not available in the US currently due to FDA issues (inadequate supporting studies?). Mind you, it is NOT the BEST form of mineralization, but it seemed the easiest and most  cost effective to find. (See this). It also helps with tooth sensitivity.

Note that you still have to go to the dentist for cavities, but this ought to help prevent those.

So I was doomed to keep trying to improve my oral hygeine manually. Which I have been trying to. Until now. I do not know how long this has been in the market but I found out now that it is here.

I bought 2 different versions (one whitening and one regular version) costing P215 and P210 for 100g respectively.

FYI those 3 things which I mentioned should still be done. But every little bit of extra protection helps.... and if you find self assembling peptides or calcium phosphopeptide-amorphous calcium phosphate fluoride or some other wonderful thing has hit the country, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment