Friday, May 4, 2018

An Empty and a Bit: Bare Lotions in Rosemary and Green Tea

A long time ago in a post far, far away from the top, I reviewed a conditioner by Bare, which I enjoyed. Better than that though, is their key product:

LOTIONS!




I actually reviewed a lotion mix by Bare before this but this is a bit more in depth.



I have been using them on and off for around one year... actually around 2 summers worth since I did switch lotions during the colder months of the year. These lotions are thin, lightweight and sink quickly on the skin while leaving a long lasting, pleasant fragrance that is true to their names. I have officially retired the Rosemary, which is empty, and have a little bit left of the Green Tea.

Why? The beauty of these lotions are that these mix easily with each other and while you can use each alone, you can combine any of their lotions with each other either as pairs or even as much as ALL in combination (IMO, don't. I don't know what you'll end up with if you attempt that but a 2-3 combination can smell really good). I like using the Rosemary and Green Tea together and I use around 8 pumps of the former with 6 of the latter for my entire body. I get moisturized without feling greasy and I smell great without needing a separate perfume. In addition, I think you can use this to layer with some other products: Avalon Organics hair care etc, not to mention Elizibeth Arden's Green Tea (which does come with its own wash-lotion-perfume set, FYI).

They cost P550 each for 500 ml, which is not bad at all (mine was a bit cheaper on promo, but I can't remember how much). However,  you can't try it before you buy it since there are no testers and you can't open the pump beforehand. I tried recommending it to a friend but we were rejected in Beauty Bar so if you want it, you might have to be prepared not to like it and waste that P550 (which my friend was not). A shame though, since I really like it myself.

I myself will probably continue buying this product if I can't find cheaper, local alternatives (this product is Malaysian) since it's hard to find great non-floral/powder based scented lotions in the Philippines.

No comments:

Post a Comment