Sunday, November 6, 2016

Bare Sweet Almond Conditioner

The dipstick test says I'm half done, so I guess it's time to review Bare's Sweet Almond Conditioner.


What first caught my eye was that it was a new brand that had uncommon fragrances at the Beauty Bar. Unlike more conventional bath and body products, this brand had offerings like green tree and grapefruit - more woodsy, less flowery scents. I had a hard time choosing because they all smelt nice to me and that the hair and body products were different lines with different scents: there is no green tea shampoo nor grapefruit body lotion. I finally chose this conditioner because it was for damaged hair, which my hair is.



This came in a pump bottle, which I found very convenient. I'm not quite sure how effective it will be at scraping the last bits of product, but I like the fact that I can probably reuse this bottle afterwards. What is a bit inconvenient is that the bottle is very opaque and I can't see how much I have left, but it does feel more high end this way so I don't mind. I still check in periodically just to make sure I don't run out.

The conditioner itself is white, the same color as the bottle, and is a thick cream that's easy enough to spread around but can block the pump just as easily if not used consistently. I don't find this a problem since I use it regularly. Again, I really like that it comes as a pump as I use a lot of conditioner now that my hair is longer.

It leaves my hair acceptably soft and sweet smelling. I wish I had some more sweet almond stuff (like Neutrogena's Body Oil) to pair this with. The scent is not overpowering even when loaded heavily so it would be nice to layer over this. Unfortunately, it's gone in less than 6 hours.

As a conditioner, however, I wouldn't recommend this for heavily damaged hair, just slightly damaged. It has neither enough oils nor silicones to be that helpful at smoothening things out, though it is both helpful and lightweight. On a similar note, this product is marketed on a more natural note with a bunch of extracts tagged on at the end, but it has the standard conditioner formulation with cetyl alcohol, cetrimonium chloride and silicones as its backbone.


Will I buy again? I don't know. I'm interested in the other scents but I am also looking for oil based products. It's not cheap, but it's not that expensive. However, this product contains no parabens and while it's supposed to last a year, I'd advise using it up as soon as possible.

This relatively new offering is available at Beauty Bar and retails for P550 for 500 ml.

No comments:

Post a Comment