Saturday, March 17, 2018

Sun 2018

Life has been busy lately so I wasn't able to stop by Watsons' sun event. Which is a good thing, in a way, since I still have 3 body blocks good for daily use.

These are, from left to right: Nivea Extra White Whitening Body Serum, Silka Premium Whitening Body Lotion, and Vaseline Healthy White SPF 30 Serum. All three are decent for everyday use, but I would NOT bring these to the beach. All of them are SPF 30 and above but not one is labelled as a true Sunblock. They do vastly differ in terms of scent and texture.


Scentwise, I prefer Nivea because it smells mild and clean. The most fragranced one is Silka, which smells like a ramped up version of whitening soap. It smells good, but not my cup of tea. Vaseline has that distinct Vaseline scent which you will tolerate or hate.

Texturewise, Vaseline is the thinnest, as it is labelled as a serum on the tube, and absorbs easily. Almost too easily so I wonder where the sun protection goes... but no skin redness with daily use, so I am fine with it. Nivea is somewhere in the middle; even while labelled as a serum, it is more like a runny lotion. Silka takes forever to sink in so I dislike using it on hectic days. However, my bottle is small so it is easy to bring around for reapplication. No need for perfume in the bag with this around either.

Overall, I like all three well enough that I am on my second bottle of both Nivea and Vaseline. If push comes to shove, I would pick Nivea out of all 3, but I don't know where the future will take me. Still, I have promised myself I won't buy another sunblock until I have finished at least 2 of these bottles. So that might take a while...

Note that all of these are chemical sunscreens which may have an effect on your hormones. Consider if you really want to use chemical sunscreens for  yourself, but please DO NOT use chemical sunscreens on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment