Monday, July 6, 2015

June Empties

Or, a list of bottles that took ages to empty.

June Empties

1. Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque - I've been using this since high school and I actually have no idea of the number of tubes I've used. You can use this as an oil-sucking face mask or a spot treatment. For the former use, use warm water to make rinsing a lot easier. For the latter, generous applications (which I found to be most effective, even for bigger zits) may result in crumbling into your clothes/pillow the next morning. These tend to dry out after a while so the smaller tubes may be a better deal for those with fewer pimples. Since I have a separate spot treatment and oil control mask right now, I won't rebuy at the moment, but I will probably go back to this sometime in the future.

2. Tresemme Moisture Rich Shampoo - This huge bottle has been with me for the longest time. I use it as my shampoo when I play with my hair (treating, styling and coloring). I like this shampoo because it cleans and lathers as well as a clarifying shampoo, without the squeaky clean and drying feeling after.

3. Aromance Peppermint Swirl Minty Shower Gel - It's very difficult for me to finish shower gels since I have a lot of soaps to go through, which I tend to prioritize. This was acquired a few Christmases ago and it was perfect for the season: a sweet peppermint scent. The scent is simple but it works also on cheering me up during hot days.

4. Abonne Spa Milk Salt - This was my favorite physical exfoliant for a long while. I use it either by itself, or with other scrubs such as the Lulur Whitening Scrub to give it an extra exfoliation kick (and I've also found that I never reviewed it. Oh well). I've refilled this bottle quite a few times, but I think it might be time to try others.

5. Nivea Body Whitening Milk Repair - This bottle is ancient. I had a hard time finishing it - it literally took years. This formulation was super sticky: I was sticky from the moment of application to the hours after it. The only reason I was able to finish it at all was because I'd have no other options on hand.

6. Pepsodent Herbal Breeze Mouthwash - again, another bottle finished only due to necessity. I prefer my mouthwashes to be strongly menthol-y, even though it's not very good for me. This product has two advantages: one, it's alcohol free; two, it has a separate drinking cup from the container top.

7. Hortaleza Professional Oxidizing Lotion - the only single-use item on this list, used for a hair bleaching treatment. I'd buy this again for future home bleaching jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment