Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bifesta Sebum Cleansing Lotion

Time flies by so quickly: I remember when the Bifesta Sebum Cleansing Lotion was a new thing, way before Bioderma's Sebium H2O entered the Philippine market.  It's a bit late now, but at least now I've got a better grasp of what the Bifesta Sebum Cleansing Lotion can do.

Bifesta Cleansing Lotion

Bifesta is actually a cleansing water, and not a "lotion" as used normally. I used to use this on days where I couldn't wash my face properly - before the days when "beauty wipes" became in. Though I didn't feel perfectly clean after, I never had any irritation or break outs after using just this product at the start of the day. As to its original purpose as a make-up remover, I was happy enough with it as it was cheap at around P400 ($8) and it could take off my BB cream, blush, eyebrows, eyeshadow and lipstick.

Now that I've been using make-up more, I've found that it's not very good at taking out eye make-up such as mascara, waterproof or not. It's also not very good at taking off long wearing foundation: I end up using both sides of 2 cotton pads and still have some left behind tested via toner when I use it as my only make-up remover.

I've also been having issues with the pump because it tends jet out even when I try to control it, wasting a bit as it shoots past the cotton pad. Now, since it's not that expensive, it's not a deal breaker, but I'd like to waste less of it since it's not that cheap either.

I still end up with this product as a re-buy, since the only comparable competition in the country is Bioderma - and that's way out of my price range (unless I get someone to get it cheaper abroad). I've found that for make-up removal, I do prefer cleansing oils over cleansing waters since its performance is better at removing waterproof make-up. I now reserve this cleansing water for light make-up days and as a facial wash substitute.

No comments:

Post a Comment