Thursday, August 29, 2024

Face Republic Vita Glow Niacin Toner

Trying to go through my pile of empties from 2024, one product at a time since I'm ashamed to have prioritized a cleanser I've used once over things I have owned and emptied.

To start with: something I've gone through like water was Face Republic's Vita Glow Niacin Toner (bought after emptying an Inisfree toner I've yet to review). It was a clear liquid in a yellow bottle with an easy open flip top cap.



It feelt like water on the skin on first contact: very lightweight, slightly hydrating with no tackiness despite the glycerin base. Also with no stinging on application close to the eye. Initially, I thought there was no effect but I did see a visible brightness after a week of consistent twice daily use of one layer and a decrease in tendency to acne. I tried to increase application to two laters but noted my skin became more sensitive after so stuck at that single layer applied twice daily. YMMV but I've found it a brightening toner that I can use under a moisturizer/more hydrating serum and sunscreen so it really works as advertised.

Sadly, I not so accidentally exposed this to the sun so I saw some crystal formation by the final third of its lifespan... and thus relegated it to neck hydration - for which I could only tolerate once daily application.

I think I bought this near retail at Php 450 -500 but it often goes on sale. It's currently less than Php 400 or USD ~7 for a whopping 160 ml of niacinamide plus ascorbic acid.

Would recommend this who want brightness on a budget. Just don't leave it out in the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment