Friday, August 28, 2020

Head and Shoulders Supreme Moisture and Smooth

 Took a break from the virtual world and ended up with a lot of empties I ended up not talking about and just... tossing. Because I don't like storing things for too long :/



Yes. They are technically two different variants of the same style.


Anyway, Head and Shoulders makes great anti-dandruff shampoos, but I think this is their best one to date for two reasons. One, the scent does NOT remind you of an anti-dandruff shampoo. Can't really pinpoint what it is, but it's sweet and rich. At this age, while I do need one to keep dandruff and "fungal acne" at bay, I'd rather not announce it to the world. With this, I'm just using a regular shampoo ;)


I'm actually using the Cool Menthol version of the same brand right now, and it's a big let down compared to this one.


Two, it's surprisingly non-drying, as the Moisture in its name would suggest. I've used several anti-dandruffs and I can't use most of them daily because they dry out my hair too much. I have absolutely no problem using this everyday.


For the conditioner, well, while it is a bit more moisturizing than some local options, it doesn't quite cut it if used everyday with the shampoo. It's made of the standard dimethicone etc. but it pales to the newer cream silk formulations. I do like having the same scent in my shampoo and conditioner though, and I enjoy how long the scent lasts (though the shampoo leaves a longer scent trail, and that it doesn't smell awful after a long day of sun and sweat.


For now, unless H&S makes a new variant, I'd probably repurchase the shampoo, but definitely not the conditioner.


If you live in the Philippines, at this point you should take a bath as soon as you get home if you've come from outside. Don't spread those germies around your home!


No comments:

Post a Comment