Saturday, December 22, 2018

Hada Labo Gokujyun Light Lotion

When you know you love something, you don't let it go (unless it's discontinued, in which case 1. Hoard 2. Cry). One thing you'll have to pry from my cold, dead hands is Hada Lab's  Gokujyun Light Lotion.


I had heard a lot about the Hada Labo hyaluronic acid line for the past few years, but I was hesitant to try it out since it was so expensive once it reached the Philippines (more than double its price).  Still, I finally bit the bullet and bought it. How much did I like it?





Welp, it's already been refilled and more from the brand is on the way to my face.

Why do I love it? Because it does the job it's meant to do and does it very well. The characters for Goku and Jyun basically mean "very wet" and uruuru in skincare denotes moistness. The Gokujyun series is meant for hydration. The light specifies this product for oily skin types. At Php ~750 (from online resellers, Php 400 up to Php 1000) for a whopping 170 ml, you get a lot of bang for your buck. And this it at double its actual Japanese price (Around 800 Yen).

 FYI, the price difference is why I purchased this instead of the Ordinary's version (which I have yet to try). Another is that this is the light version for oilier skins, which I felt would be more targeted to me than TO's version.

This is a very light, fragrance-free watery product that absorbs quickly into the skin, while leaving a faint "mochi" like sensation. There is only one key ingredient, hyaluronic acid, that comes in 3 molecular weights. This means it does one thing: hydrate.  However, it's not meant to act alone. I find that sealing it in will provide more moisture than when used by itself.

Note that some people are sensitive to HA or their derivatives. Also, there is no alcohol in this product as of 2013, and does well on my sensitive skin.

To use: I use one layer consisting of two splashes on my face before the heavier layers. Sometimes, I will add an additional layer on my cheeks, sandwiching it between a slightly heavier layer before using an occlusive during the colder months.

Sad that this isn't available on Philippine shelves, which means I have to buy this online. But this product is so well worth it that I have actually decided to try more Hada Labo. I only wish I knew people going to Japan so I can "pasabuy" since this product is only around $5 dollars IRL T___T

I fully recommend this product for oily skin types, especially if you can get it at Japanese retail prices.

Summary:

The Hada Labo Gokujyun Light Lotion is a well priced, basic hyaluronic acid toner meant for oily skins.

Yays
Hydrating
Good value for money

Nays
Available via online resellers only/Pasabuy

I have and will continue to repurchase this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment