Friday, July 12, 2013

Review: Pacific Rim

This movie came out yesterday (Thursday, July 11). Like the nerd I am, I watched it immediately. This movie, directed by G. del Torro, is actually the first mecha movie I've liked (sorry Transformers, you sucked). Giant robots controlled by humans and glowing aliens - my inner geek was pleased. In addition, hot guy (with pan de sal!) mollified my girl-perving.

However, my inner nerd actually cringed at this -because like most hollywood movies, the science was unsound.

My advice, suspend your disbelief and enjoy the ride. While it's no Avengers, this is one movie to watch on the big screen. I wouldn't probably watch this again (or crave watching it) but it is a visual spectacle, especially for those who like mecha.

Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment