Thursday, April 25, 2019

Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum

Alright, first time in a while I'm featuring something on the (for me) pricier end of the spectrum! But here's something I've been bringing with me while I'm out and about: Peter Thomas Roth's Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum.



But the question is, should you buy it?



Those who know me know how much I love Hada Labo's Gokujyun Light Lotion but there are two things that are, not really bad, but can be inadequate about it: the flip top cap makes it difficult to travel with; and its not the heaviest hydrator (which is something I love, but sometimes, my skin just needs more).

So here comes PTR's hyaluronic acid to save the day! ... but not my wallet.

*cries in poor*

PTR's Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Serum is reportedly composed of a 75% hyaluronic acid complex with sodium pca, silk proteins and a mineral complex. I've chucked the cardboard packaging, but the main ingredients are:

Water, saccharide isomerate, sorbitol, sodium hyaluronate, lactobacillus/ olive leaf ferment extract

What I love is that it comes in a sturdy plastic (I'm not sure but it has survived many trips without special care) pump packaging that is as no-spill as possible. The bottle itself is a beautifully frosted/gradiated blue to clear with textured water droplets that make it a joy to see and touch.

The serum itself is thick, clear and smells of silicone-water  (fragrance free). Though thick, it has a silky feeling; It can be considered a bit runny and is easy to spread on the face. Once dried, it isn't at all tacky and leaves the skin smooth to the touch.

It looks and feels like a premium product, with a similar price tag: it was Php 2,100 (~$38) on sale for 30 ml, and could cost more or less depending on location. This product retails for around $65 normally.

I use this twice a day when travelling, under an occlusive moisturizer. I also use it as an extra layer with the Hada Labo Lotion at home when needed.

I really like how it hydrates my skin, in combination with other products. It definitely helps keep my moisture levels up all night! I already have a second bottle on hand for reasons. It's hard to tell while upright, but when I tilt it on its side, I know how much product I've got left: I'm more than halfway through this one and since I know I'll be travelling frequently for some time, I'm glad I have a second bottle.

However, I don't consider this a must have. A much cheaper but similar HA alternative would be... something to be revealed in the future ;)

Point though, this product has fermented ingredients, which may give other benefits than pure HA serums. I havent seen much of a difference, but I do feel that I get less acne with this with a pared down skincare routine than without.

Those who are on the spendy side or those who prefer multi-use products might like to give this product or others of its line a try. I'll be using this for quite some time as I travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment