Monday, June 13, 2016

Maybelline Lipstick: Natural Beige

Today we'll be looking at a lipstick from Maybelline's Rosy Matte Collection: Natural Beige. Originally Priced at P299, but bought on a 3 for 2 sale, let's see what this drugstore lipstick has to say for itself.
Maybelline Rosy Matt Natural Beige


To start with, like the collection implies, this is a pinky brown shade that works well with Filipina skin tones. This is the palest of the lot, so try the other shades too. It doesn't pull red or blue, but can't be considered a true MLBB since it tends to pull white. I've tried swatching it on my hand but the whiteness doesn't show until it's on my face. The right side of the collage shows how it is on the stick and how it looks like most times. On my lips, I've shown how "white" it can end up looking in natural light.

The lipstick itself is creamy and non-drying, though it won't hide the cracks of your lips so exfoliate beforehand. The finish is actually more of a semi-matte, but I don't expect more from a non-liquid lipstick, especially at this price range. Expect to use around 3 swipes minimum to 5 swipes for maximally  covered lips.

Wear time is at 3 to 4 hours, though it starts to look blah at around 2 hours of wear (as seen in this picture). Warning: it transfers everywhere. Expect to retouch after every snackage. Also, beware of hot weather. As you can see, parts of it have melted from the heat. The cap is secure but think about putting this in a make-up bag if you can.

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied for this drugstore lipstick. I probably wouldn't buy again, but it's such a nice everyday shade that I'm keeping it in my bag and pulling it out several times a day. Those who don't want the fuss of constant reapplication should look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment