Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Body Shop Shampoo in Rainforest Balance

If you've read my blog recently, you'll know that I dyed my hair red relatively recently. In order to help the color stick, I've been using The Body Shop Rainforest Balance, a shampoo for oily hair.


This shampoo costs P695 for 250 ml. Fortunately, I was able to buy this on sale! Why did I buy this?

Because it claims to be silicone, sulfate, colorant and paraben -free. I've found that color fades less readily when using a sulfate-free shampoo. Of course, the best way to keep hair from fading is not to wash it too much, but Manila weather makes it an unacceptable option, at least for me.


How do I use it? Sulfate-free shampoos tend not to lather quite as well so I usually use a bit more product to get it all around my scalp. This bottle came with instructions to add a bit of water to the shampoo and rubbing to get it going before adding it to the scalp. I clean my scalp in two sections because of this so I spend around a minute on my shampoo routine, a bit more than I usually do with a shampoo that lathers, and even with other sulfate-free shampoos.

The Rainforest Balance cleans well, without leaving residue, but I like it best for its scent. As its namesake, it feels like you're in a forest. The scent intensifies when it combined with hot water (bad for color, but great for your nose). It also complements my current shower gel.

The biggest barrier to a repurchase is its price. It's a bit steep compared to other sulfate-free organic shampoos that perform quite well such as Human Heart Nature, Avalon Organics and Jason's. If have the budget to and you like the scent of rain, I'll recommend this. Also if you  like the silicone, sulfate, colorant and paraben free combination. Otherwise, if you're just looking for a sulfate-free shampoo, this might not be your best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment