Tuesday, July 21, 2015

L'Oreal Feria in Cherry Crush

I wasn't able to get a picture of the dilapidated box this came in, but these are the contents of the L'Oreal Feria Dye Box:

L'Oreal Feria Cherry Crush

Since my roots were showing after my last bleaching experience, I decided to dye my hair on a whim. Unfortunately, a quick trip to Watsons didn't yield a bubble dye for me to try so I decided to use this stored Box of L'Oreal Feria instead.

Instructions:

1. Prep your head and workspace as needed. Patch test is difficult but doable using cotton swabs!
2. Mix 1, 2, 3 and the color booster and shake.
3. Put on hair for at least 25 minutes using the glove to protect your hand. Since my hair was already pre-bleached, I processed my roots first.
4. Rinse off, shampoo with the unlabled tube and condition with 4.

Results:


Box vs. Hair: L'Oreal Feria in Cherry Crush
sorry for the super low-res picture :))


If you look at my hair, it looks exactly as it appeared on the box! The bleached parts looked a lot more red and vibrant than the unbleached parts. My dark roots have a lot of color on them because it was processed for around 45 minutes, but the darker ends which received only 25 minutes had only the faintest hint of red.

Since my hair is short, I only used around half the bottle. This box could have served long hair quite easily, or two processings of short hair, if only I could have saved it!

I don't expect this to last long, since my first rinse already took a lot of the red tint, but I'm quite happy with the color I got. I also liked the smell of the conditioner. Unfortunately, it's quite a bit of effort for such a short amount of joy: I think I'd like to try a bubble version of this. Recommendations?



No comments:

Post a Comment