Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Clinique: Can you guess?

A remnant from one of Clinique's Bonus Time offers ages ago (old but unused), some of you may be familiar with this blue and silver tube:









A short pause to think about it.






Hint, its's a mascara.









This is the Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara, and its not quite as its namesake promises: It's quite capable of lengthening my short, stubbly lashes without spiders or clumps; but it does not double the size. Even with the first coat, my lashes are much visibly longer, though not much volume is added. Using 1-3 coats looks natural enough with smaller length increases with each added coat. Though it doesn't look quite so natural, I've used up to 5 coats without any problems for added volume. The wand is the regular pine cone/christmas tree shape, and it's fairly easy to use. I don't have any problems with its drying time either, just a few minutes and I'm good to go.

Unnfortunately, in this weather, it tends to smudge in like crazy, giving me instant dark circles. Ugh. I can use it if I'm sure to be in an air conditioned room the entire time, but not if I'm exposed to a tiny bit of heat (which is all the time in the Philippines!). At night, with temperatures on the cool side, it'll last around 3 hours before smudging.

As a freebie, I can't really judge the price, but the Clinique Bonus Time offers are always worth it for me…

Can I use this mascara? Sometimes, but I wouldn't recommend this purchase for people who live in the tropics.  I think this works quite well for quick night excursions or in-office use (applied in your office's bathroom) but it's no substitute for a waterproof mascara. I'll be using this but I'll be passing along any  tubes I see in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment