Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Quick FX Pimple Eraser

They say insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.

Welp. Our skin changes over time, so sometimes you do get different results with the same product. But this product?



I was insane to buy this again :(




Quick FX has been around for more than half a decade. At least, I've known about it since ~ 2012 when I first bought the Pimple Eraser as a sachet (when Watsons was new to the country). At that time, it gave me break-outs and I had a difficult time storing it with tape so I tossed it and forgot about it.

Fast forward to today to double the price tag but with a handy cap for storage! (Inflation sucks guys).

After a bad break out due to X and X (huhu again), a desperate trip to Watsons got me to buy this again at less than P100 (I think P90) for 10g. Why? Well, like what drew me to it in the first place, it has a lot of good things inside: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, zinc oxide, vitamin C & niacinamide. Plus a ton of reviews saying that they liked it (which didn't exist before). I thought to myself, hey maybe they reformulated? Everyone likes it...

Welp, I slapped in on and got a couple of zits instantly the next day!

Argh...

To make sure, I tested a small bit of it on the back of my hand. And got a small zit the next day. WTF.

HAYYY. I should have done the test first, again! Mea culpa.

So this product is really not for me! I don't know what triggered me specifically but there is SOMETHING in there that my skin really doesn't like. Is it the mineral oil? Petrolatum? Mineral oil plus petrolatum? IDK. It may be too occlusive for my skin or have something I react to  Ingredients in the photo...



However, a lot of people have seen good results with this so you still might want to give it a try since it's less than P100 for A LOT of product... just patch test first. I'd also recommend using a very small amount on the problem areas itself. The product comes out as a white lotion and spreads easily. Using too much will give a white cast. Finish is matte with a sunscreen-like scent that dissipates quickly.

Guys, people like this enough that a 30g tube version has been spawned.

TL;DR

Yays:
Cheap
Travel friendly
Matte finish
Non Sting

Nays:
Pimple giver, not fixer for me. YMMV.

Note to self: NEVER BUY AGAIN, YOU DUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment