Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Banana Boat Ultra Protect Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50

Last week, I posted on why I disliked Beach Hut's sunblock. I was glad that I wasn't a complete leech and brought my own facial sunblock! Banana Boat's Ultra Protect Faces Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 was the sun protector I used during my last provincial trip and this is what I've found.





First of all, the reason I bought it was that it is so cheap. At ~P300 for 60 ml, I had no objections to a sunscreen with SPF 50 and PA +++, even if I ended up using it for my face and body. The lotion is an opaque white, on the thicker side. It doesn't spread as well so you need to use a lot to cover an area. This is a good thing for protection during outdoor activities. Don't scrimp! Now, the good thing is that it protected my skin from the sun quite well, there was some skin darkening but no burning or sensitivity after my trip.

The bad thing is that, well this thing is so oily and leaves both shine and stickiness so while you always know that you're protected, it's also not very pretty. Mind you, I reapplied it constantly while I was out of town, but I could still feel some of it on me after my relatively short dips in the water. I also tried it once after I got back home and I'm positive it is also the reason that my skin got clogged up during my trip as it did the same back home.

Why? After applying it just once in the morning, I found that it left my skin very gross looking and feeling. There is no white cast, as this is a chemical sunscreen, but it visibly looks like you placed something oily on (even if it claims to be oil-free, lol). However, after a two hour check in, while my oily T zone was still yucky looking and getting clogged, my more normal cheek area was already doing alright without that oily sheen.

I'd probably recommend those with drier skin types to give this a go. Those with skin on the oilier side should stay away.

I will probably NOT repurchase this product for use on my face, but I might buy it again for my body if I can't find a more cost effective product for outdoor activities. After all, P300 for 60 ml isn't bad at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment