Saturday, January 20, 2018

JASON C-Effects Super-C Cleanser

I have been using JASON's C-effects Super-C Cleanser for around half a year. At first I wasn't quite sure that this actually had a lot of vitamin-C, orange scent not withstanding. However, a bit after a quarter month in, I noticed that the color of the product changed from clear to something with a slight yellow tint.



Darn it. Should have used more before it started turning.



I was using it as a morning cleanser since I wanted something gel based with a bit more than a standard gel cleanser. I also wanted something with a low pH. I tried it out as both a morning and an evening wash but it was a bit too mild and didn't really help with acne control so I still had to look for an evening wash. As a morning cleanser, it's very gentle and doesn't leave the face tight and dry. It foams lightly and doesn't leave any residue after.

I never got around to looking as to its pH but I am still foolishly the hoping vitamin C content puts in on the more acidic side of the spectrum. Yes, it is very much a fool's hope but optimism.

The two things I guess I don't like about it is the scent, as I dislike citrus on myself and the fact that it turns so early. I think they should be making this in smaller batches since I'm only around 1/3 done and it's already gone a bit off. Since it's money, and I really am not sure how helpful the active is, I'm just going to finish this bottle, but I definitely won't repurchase. I am not sure how much it costs, but it's $10 in amazon. I think I purchased this for less than P500 in Healthy Options for 6 ounces.

Note: amazon and I have a different ingredient list. I am not sure which version is available in the market right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment