Friday, November 3, 2017

BDJ Planner 2018

For 2018, I decided to get a BDJ planner ahead of time since I'm trying to cut down on coffee expenses. Yes, even if I'm not a planner person, I have been switching off between BDJ and Starbucks for a decade. I am a solid two-timer between those two planners. FYI, I still have feelings for the first SB Philippines leather bound planner.




Anyway, I decided to get a planner at the super last minute on the BDJ October 2017 launch at Shangri-la. Thus, the planner isn't monogrammed. But it is discounted at P500 for the Smythe version. Honestly, the leather bound version was more appealing but there is a small but significant weight difference between the leather and Smythe.

For those who are familiar with BDJ planners, this is probably the ultimate "Female" planner. It's the first planner I saw that included a menstrual planner in addition to income-expenses, goals etc. as well as the planner proper. It also includes a small sticker pack. Not very interesting for me, but a small bonus.

It's other main advantage: COUPONS!!! and the BDJ card. This year, the coupons are in a separate booklet located inside a small pouch in the back. If I had known this, I might have sprung for the leather version because it could have negated the weight difference *sigh*.

First impression: there are definitely a lot more coupons here than the standard coffee planner. But, like their counterparts, IMO they have become far less generous. You can still easily get your money's worth but... CBTL for example: their previous BOGO coupons are now Buy 2 Get 1. The BDJ card will also upsize only tea lattes for 2018. BLEH. I was sort of hoping for a better deal since a new one just opened up close to me.

Anyway, if you are interested, here's a list of coupons available and discounts for the card.
BDJ Planner 2018 coupons
BDJ Card Benefits


I don't regret buying this, but I can't promise I won't stray to the other half next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment