Friday, September 1, 2017

Pantene Hair Asthma

Being out of the loop with things, I only found out now (through the magic of late night Facebook adds) that Pantene's newest shtick is to liken pollution to "hair asthma".

Facebook Ad

I can't even.

First of all, hair is dead. Deadidy dead. It may look sleek and shiny with proper care but there is no life in it. At best, this is "scalp asthma". But no one wants to talk about female scalps, don't they? I guess they chose asthma as the disease du jour since they probably wanted to talk about hair breathing, but the day my hair (being quite acellular) breathes is the day I get doused with nuclear radiation and become a superhero.

Second of all, do you know what asthma is? It's a serious disease that makes it difficult to breathe and can cause ACTUAL DEATH. For realz. Would you call it hair cancer? Hair diabetes? No. So why call it hair asthma?

I am really disappointed with Pantene.

No comments:

Post a Comment