Saturday, May 13, 2017

Nivea Extra White Firming Body Serum

Summer is here and hot.  And for me, that means buying a new bottle of sunblock! But before the heat went up, here's the stuff I got:

Nivea White Extra Firming Body Serum. The one with the maroon tag.

Nivea Extra White Firming Body Serum



At SPF 33 and PA+++, it was quite adequate for my admittedly sporadic sunscreen use. And because I was that lazy, I did use it on my face with no negative effect. This product was significantly better than its SPF 25 counterpart. The one with the orange tag. I don't know if the lower version is still sold. But I am able to stay a few minutes longer in the hot sun before turning red. Mind you, the difference is significant for me because my total direct sun exposure in most days is 15-30 minutes. If you are exposed for longer periods of time, this won't cut it. But for around P120 per 75ml for a face and body block, it is pretty good.

The active ingredients in these are octocrylene and avobenzone - chemical blocks which feel better on the skin, but less stable and more absorbable. Pregnant women should beware. Also, this should be finished as quickly as possible.

Like I said, I like it well enough, but it's not strong enough for the summer sun.



No comments:

Post a Comment