Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Avalon Organics Lavender Luminosity Facial Cleansing Gel

In trying to work through some of my (mostly drugstore) samples, I found a couple of Avalon Organics Lavender Luminosity Facial Cleansing Gel 4ml samples and decided to try it out.


I've used Avalon Organics shampoos and conditioners in the past and was curious regarding their skincare products. Avalon Organics, originally available from Healthy Options only, was one of the first organic lines that were available in the Philippines even before the organic movement hit the country.


Ingredients

Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1), Aqua (Water), Coco-Glucoside, Sodium Coco-Sulfate, Decyl Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Sorbitol, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Saccharomyces/Xylinum/Black Tea Ferment (1), Borago Officinalis Seed Oil (1), Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (1), Arnica Montana Flower Extract (1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root (1), Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Extract (1), Bisabolol, Citric Acid, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Threoninate, Sodium Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol (1), Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool

-Avalon Organics site, October 2015


It's a very mild and light gel cleanser. Though some of the ingredients, especially the oils, may be irritating to some, I experienced no irritation after two weeks of use. It actually helped calm my skin down from mild irritation.

I'd prefer using it in the mornings if it weren't for the scent. Though a bit too sweet for my tastes, the lavender scent is very relaxing and can act as a sleep aid through aromatherapy. The scent lingers on my hands so I keep sniffing. I'd recommend this for people who want something in their skincare for sleep and relaxation.

Will I purchase? Maybe, I have quite a few samples of this and others left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment