Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Saturday Salads

I've been eating more salads this summer. By choice. And this is not to lose weight, but because I've found that I get tired of eating hot food on hot days. Salads, with their crisp crunchiness and pops of color, are a cool alternative for those who just can't bear the heat.

A basic salad has ingredients that all come from the ref. Fancier options may involve heat, but laziness and a lack of cooking skills prevent me from doing so. Unfortunately, my basic  salad consisting of pretty leaves + tomatoes + dressing don't really keep me full long so I usually add more protein to the mix.  


If my salad is a snack between meals: add olives and/or cheese.

If my salad is a meal: add tuna.

Salad Lunch

I like putting everything on a plate so that I can see exactly what and how much I'll be eating before I mix it up. It makes my eyes full as well as my tummy.

I never thought I'd see the day where I'd actually like salads, but here we are.

Summer is now a time for ice cream, iced drinks and salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment